The Deaconesses of Forest Lake Church work quickly, quietly and efficiently in many areas, and are passionate about their service. Would you like to join us? Several of us are close to retirement, and would enjoy training new deaconesses as part of our succession plan. Here are our areas of service. Duties are varied, from small to large. Each is as important as another, all are valuable.
- Baby Dedication Luncheon – three services each year
- Baptisms – as needed
- Communion – four services each year
- Funeral Luncheons – as needed
- Assist members in arranging Transportation to medical/ dental appointments
- Assist members in arranging Home Health and Respite Care (tiered, limited and regulated)
- Calls to hospitalized members – as needed
- Widow/ Widower contact – as needed
- Annual Deaconess Potluck
- Assist in other areas when requested to do so
If you would like to share your talents and passion for service, please contact the church office at 407.869.0680.